Thursday, December 17, 2009

Santa! I know him!

One of our neighbors had a little gathering last weekend for about 10 families ... and Santa made an appearance. It was great watching all of the other kids (who were about 4-5 years old) when he showed up at the door.

Our two weren't so sure about sitting on his lap by themselves, but they were fine once we hung out on the sofa with the big guy.

We had to laugh how they are totally checking him out. I also laughed at how Libby is holding a measuring cup that she must have "borrowed" from the kitchen and Maddy was wearing the jewels that she "borrowed" as well.

It's so hard for me to believe that Christmas is next week. I definitely feel in the spirit this year, but it just really feels like this month is flying by. I think I now understand what my Mom always said ... that she wanted everything to slow down this time of year so we could truly take time to enjoy it.

3 comments:

Jules said...

lol i have that same sweater/wrap thingie. I can't figure out how I like ot wear it...buttons on the side and the next bunches up. ugh

Mrs. Fabulous said...

Love the picture! And no tears with Santa, either!

lisagh said...

So cute! That pic will come in handy in a few years when you're trying to convince them that you and your husband are not Santa!