Monday, December 07, 2009

My helpful Heloise moment

I've been baking today. I know ... it's often scary, but usually I do OK as long as I have recipes.

I made cheese straws and lemon snap cookies, along with a meatloaf for dinner. Actually, only the cheese straws are out of the oven. The dough for the lemon cookies is in the fridge, and the meatloaf will go in the oven to bake. I'll bake the cookies tonight and cross my fingers. Waiting on the cheese straws to cool, but they smell yummy. They don't look store bought, but I guess they really shouldn't.

Anyway, I was trying to scrape the dough off my mixer blade and I never have a small rubber spatula. Guess what came in handy? Those little rubber tipped baby spoons. Perfect. Even if you don't have kids, buy a pack and keep them in your drawer.

So, there you go my friends. Aren't you glad you stopped by for that piece of entertainment today?

1 comment:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Yum, I love cheese straws! And, no babies for me so I'll have to stick to my rubber spatula!