Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010!

I just looked back at my posts from December of last year to see if I made any resolutions "official" by blogging about them, but no such luck. Honestly, I was probably just trying to keep my head above water with Maddy and Libby that I didn't have time to write them down. I can guess what they were - start running again, be a better wife/mother/friend, healthier eating/exercise habits, etc.

Well, I did start running again in January 2009 and have logged a little over 500 miles this year. When I think about it, that doesn't seem like a lot, but I pretty much ran consistently with the exception of the month of November. Not too shabby. I feel good with my running too. I can't say that I'm any faster, but it doesn't scare me like it used to to go run 5 miles. I also made some great friends along the way.

As far as the others are concerned, I'm sure I could put them back on the list.

I also think a lot about what I want this blog to "be." When I first started, I said "So, I hope that this blog can be a journal of some sorts so I can look back at what my life was like in my mid 30's and hopefully, I will learn something along the way." I guess that is still the true essence, but now loaded with diaper stories, and photos of my daughters.

I really do feel blessed this year. I have two happy and healthy children that I really cannot imagine this world without. They have brought more to my life than I would have ever imagined. I'm lucky to have a wonderful Hubby who loves me, has helped me immensely and in so many ways, and takes a lot of crap from me and ignores a lot of it. He truly is my biggest supporter and cheerleader. I am lucky to have friends that I can count on ~ new and old.

I've seen many friends go through a lot of pain this year and I wish for them happier days ahead. I'm sad that I'm losing my very flexible and very great part-time job. I think I'm still in shock that it's ending (today is my last day), but I guess there is also some excitement about what's to come. I am lucky to be taking on a big role with my local Junior League in the coming years. While there's excitement, I'm also a little nervous, honored, and humbled at the same time.

It wouldn't be the same if I didn't include a photo of the kids for your viewing pleasure. My best (and oldest as in length of years - not in age) friend and her family came to visit us for a few days earlier this week. It was great to catch up, but we did admit that our house felt like Romper Room on more than one occasion. I also think we've both decided that four kids is too many.

It's hard to beat a friend since the 2nd Grade. I won't say how many years that's been!

No idea what was wrong with my children. Everyone else was happy.
Happy New Year to everyone! I hope 2010 brings you health, happiness, and laughter!

4 comments:

LauraC said...

Happy new year! Can't wait to hear how things go in 2010. And 500 miles is something to be VERY proud of with two young kids. Very very proud.

The Ross Family said...

Happy New Year! Your girls are so sweet and it has been fun for me to see what I have in store (my son is 8 months old).

Also, what do you use on your sidebar to track your running?

Sarah said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a great 2009 and I wish you the best in 2010! PS- Come visit me! I posted!!!

Meg said...

I don't mean to mock Maddy and Libby's obvious distress, but that photo is a riot.