Thursday, December 03, 2009

Deep Thoughts: sad, sentimental, and just my crazy mind

I can't help thinking about ...

A friend who lost her Mom yesterday. It just doesn't seem right that someone would have to lose her Mom so soon. We're both in our mid-30's and it just seems too early. From what I know about her, this woman was full of life, a two-time breast cancer survivor, and an all around wonderful person.

Libby, who loved reading her Kitty Cat book so much last night, that after reading it two times, decided she wanted to take it to bed. I guess there are worse things to put in a toddler's crib. I enjoyed peeking in on her this morning to see her sitting there, flipping the pages, and quietly playing with her blankie.

Is it bad that I have placed our Christmas Nativity scene on the same piece of furniture where we keep our wine rack? Something just doesn't feel right about that, but I guess you do drink wine at Communion. Or the representative Grape Juice.

4 comments:

Miche said...

I'm oh so sorry for your friend. It has been a rough year for many that is for sure.

I'm Just Beachy said...

I also lost my mom to breast cancer in September. Mid-thirties is WAY TOO SOON to lose your mom. I am so sorry for your friend. Christmas will be very difficult for both of us this year. I can't even bring myself to put up decorations. Makes me too sad.

k e r r y said...

Losing my parents (especially as I get older) is one of my biggest fears

NatalieDeltaGam said...

oh, that libby--too precious!!
where is ben's family's farm? we get our fraser firs out of boone (near cashiers/highlands).
i'm so sorry about your friend's mother...i'll definitely keep that family in my prayers.