Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Children's Museum visit

Guess where the cameras were? Yep, right on the kitchen counter. I could have tried taking photos with my BlackBerry, but Maddy and Libby are just too darn fast.

We bought a family membership to our local children's museum as M&L's Christmas gift. Since they still don't really know what's going on with the gift situation, we decided that this would be a good gift to enjoy all year long.

We walked in and headed to the Tot Area for kids under 2. It had a big tunnel, cars to ride, rocking chairs/animals, soft play areas, balls, books, blocks, etc. Lots of mirrors, textures, etc. It took them a few minutes to warm up and then they were off ... hopping in the car, zooming through the tunnel, picking up balls, etc. It was really fun to watch them play and also to notice how differently they play.

Case in point, Maddy walked over to the swinging doors, pushed it open and walked out into the huge hallway like she knew where she was going. I followed along and after a visit to the lobby, we found the Market area with baskets of fruits, veggies, cheeses, breads, shopping carts, cash registers, etc. I think she did more shopping out of the other kids carts instead of from the shelves, but it was all good. At one point, I think she was just happy holding onto to 3 lemons and walking around.

We caught back up with Libby and Daddy, checked out the hospital area, the campground, and the theatre/stage area, had a little snack and called it a day.

All in all, I'm so happy with our gift decision. They had a blast, expended lots of energy, and we all enjoyed it. Next time ... camera will be in the bag. We also heard about a cute New Years Eve Eve concert with a countdown to 12 noon. How fun is that?

2 comments:

amanda said...

How fun! The company my husband's uncle owns built that museum. I've been there several times with former clients, kids I babysat for, and my friends and their children. The big fire truck and police car are pretty fun to climb around in and if you don't mind a mess, that sandbox always looks tempting. I think you may be able to use your membership for the museum in w too.

Emily said...

So fun! I love going there! Oh, and so does Will.. :)