Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Calling it done.

Since I didn't want to

A. not put up a tree
B. put the tree up in a different room
C. put a gate up around the tree
D. keep the naked chic tree

We opted to go with the 3/4 decorated tree.


Don't look too closely ... just keep your eyes at the top half and don't let them wander too far down. Oops. You did, didn't you?

Can you tell how high Maddy and Libby can reach? Yep, you guessed it. Right about there.


Now if they figure out that they can drag their rocking chair over to the tree and stand on it, then we're all in big trouble.


And, just for you AL, the Pottery Barn wanna be slipcovered sofa ala Jacque Penne. So far, so good. We feel like it needs to be "broken in" a little ... you don't sink right in like I think you will after another month or so. All in all, I've been pleased. I did have to return the slipcover to the chair because the zipper broke when we were putting it on. Those suckers are tight. Let me know if you want to come test it out. Just wish it came in the color of Black Lab.

5 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

You know I did not even notice until I read what you wrote. Great job!

Mrs. Fabulous said...

Good idea with the 1/2 decorated tree. I opted for the fully decorated tree with electric train underneath...of course, with a Super Yard around it. It looks ridiculous. And I'm too tired to redo it!

Sarah Wyland said...

This post made me happy - I love kids when they're first starting to figure out what Christmas is!

Miche said...

Love it! I'm gonna have to check it out again :) P.S. I haven't been running I'm pretty sure I pinched a nerve somewhere. Sucks.

dmmlandcruiser said...

You are brave. When my daughter was their age, we skipped the tree. I don't think she'll remember!