Wednesday, November 25, 2009

sicky, sicky

I would assume that not feeling 100% on Friday + drinking too much + sleeping too little for two nights + four flights = one sick mama.

I felt bad on Monday morning, but felt even worse yesterday and had a fever for most of the day, so I finally went to the Doctor today.

Luckily, my diagnosis was a sinus infection and not H1N1, so a Z-pack for me and I hope to be on the road to recovery. Of course I didn't mention that I was acting like a 21 year old again over the weekend ... Oh, to be young again.

So, I am very thankful that I have a Hubby who takes care of the girls and takes care of me when I am sick. He made me two grilled cheese sandwiches last night (don't judge), because I hadn't eaten all day and was starving and made sure I had all my supplies for the evening: tissues, Delsym cough syrup, saline nose spray, cough drops, and extra pillows.

I am also very thankful for a Mother-in-Law that told us not to worry about bringing anything for Thanksgiving and really meant it. This year, I've done absolutely nothing. I think we could put Maddy and Libby on the doorstep, ring the bell, and run to a hotel and it would be fine with them.

And on a serious note, I am so thankful for a happy and healthy family, a kind Husband, and wonderful friends near and far. I am so lucky on so many levels and know that I am very blessed. Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... I hope you enjoy the holiday with those special to you.

3 comments:

J said...

Yuck, I hope you feel better soon. Happy Thanksgiving!

LauraC said...

Hope you feel better and have a great Thanksgiving!

Jillian, Inc said...

*ugh* feel better soon. Happy Thanksgiving!