Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I may need to go back to lists

I promise I'm really back, but I just haven't gotten back to blogging.

So, here's my P list for the week ...

1. Packing and unpacking. Did I tell y'all that I got home on Wednesday night, unpacked, did a load of laundry, repacked, and got on another flight the next morning? You also know that I hadn't gone anywhere in about 6 months and it was a crazy feeling to be on opposite sides of the US in the same week.

2. PJ's have been my uniform for the week so far. I did shower yesterday, but it just seemed like too much effort to get dressed until I absolutely had to.

3. Poopin'. No idea what my parents and Hubby fed Maddy and Libby when I was gone, but really? Can they really go this many times in a day? Aside from all that, it's great to be home. It was hard to be away from my girls. I'm convinced that they grew 3 inches and learned about 10 new "tricks" while I was gone. Maddy deliberately signed "more" twice tonight, Libby now makes a "baby tiger" noise that is a sweet growl, they both practically run now, and I'm in love with all the kisses they now "blow."

4. Pretending. Still pretending that I'm in NYC and enjoying the rush of the city. It was such a great experience ... watching the marathon, getting an on-course kiss from Hubby when he ran by, walking in Central Park, losing myself in art museums, sleeping in, window shopping, great late-night dinners, Wicked, "secret" burgers, wonderful city views, seeing Jimmy Fallon, and trying to fit in and not look like a total tourist. I'm sure all I had to do is open my mouth and it was evident that I wasn't from around there. I did have someone guess me from Georgia and I still don't know how I feel about that.

5. And a few photos from New York.
Hubby post-race.


The neon sign for the "secret" burger joint.
Awesome burgers, but not really a secret.



I loved this tree in Central Park.


Near Rockefeller Center.



Hubby and I in front of the skating rink at Rockefeller Center. I love that whoever took this picture didn't tell us that we are blocking the HUGE statue behind us.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

NY trip sounds fabulous!!

Whenever I have strangers take picture, I line up the picture first with Jon then I tell the person - don't move, just click the button - then I hop in the photo. But then to be sure I take about 10 photos by strangers hoping one will turn out.