Friday, November 13, 2009

I finally did it.

I got sucked in to the Vampire books. I picked up New Moon at the airport on our way to NYC and finished it on our return trip home. I could have read the entire thing in one sitting, but since I was in NYC, I did want to get out and explore and not sit in a hotel room and read about vampires.

On my trip to Vegas, I picked up New Moon on the way home and have put a big dent into it. I will probably finish it this weekend. Good thing, because I have a date with two of my oldest friends to see the movie on opening weekend.

For those of you who are in the know ... will it matter if I didn't see the Twilight movie, but have read the book? Have you already read the entire series ... are there four total in print? Totally different than the Harry Potter series, but I think they are both a must read for tweens, teens, and adults alike.

So far, I think they are great. The dialogue is easy to read and as a friend from my book club summed it up, Edward was exactly how you wanted all the boys in High School to be. Ok, maybe not be a vampire, but I guess that's beside the point.

7 comments:

LauraC said...

The first Twilight movie is SO BAD. I wrote a review of it here:

http://lauracsjournal.blogspot.com/2009/03/prepare-to-pelt-me.html

Even the Twihard fans (oh yes, there is an entire vocab) commented that the movie was terrible. The first commenter Erin, is so obsessed with Twilight she joins Twilight craft circles and stuff like that. And even she said the movie was bad.

Really, you are too busy to waste the time on the first movie.

Sarah Wyland said...

There are 4 books in the series, New Moon being my personal favorite. The books (so far) have definitely been better than the movie. And yet I continue to watch the movie all the time. Kristen Stewart makes it hard to watch. Rob Pattinson though....

These books aren't quite on the same level as Harry Potter, but they're still pretty dang good!

Natalie said...

Books are always better, but the first movie was a great disappoint. I hate it when directors take too many liberties with their screen plays. Not to mention, the acting is mediocre.
I love the books though. They're an easy read & just delicious.

Northern Girl Southern Living said...

I think as long as you've read twilight you'll be fine seeing new moon without seeing the first movie. Aren't they just so addicting?

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

Yes read them all all all! I'm so glad you are reading them! I didn't think I knew that you were! They are crack. Completely and so easy to read. And I read Twilight before I watched it and I liked it better that way. In my opinion, as we all know, the books are better, but that goes without saying. Still neat to watch it on the screen. YEAH SALLY!

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

And I agree about the mediocre acting.

Barefoot in the Park said...

i loved the firstbook ... nosomuch the movie. but isnt it always that way when you get characters in your head?

i will def go see the next movie though!