Monday, October 05, 2009

Runnin'

Maddy and Libby have been doing their fair share of races lately and all for a good cause. My wonderful running buddies volunteered to help me push them at each race. When you have 60+ pounds to push, you'll take all the help you can get and I definitely needed their help.

Luckily, both races coincided with what is normally Maddy and Libby's morning nap time (when they still take it), so they both zonked out for a while and were happy the entire time. And if you are in the market for a jog stroller, go BOB or go home. I won't say pushing them on hilly courses is easy, but this stroller definitely makes it so much manageable.


With Jules and MM before the Miles for Matthew 10k started.
Can you tell it's almost nap time?



With ET after the Women's Only 5K.


Coming in at the finish of the Women's Only 5k to benefit local mammogram scholarships.
You may not be able to see it, but that was up a hill
and just before that was an even bigger hill.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Sweet!
I did a 5K when my boys were almost 2 and pushed them by myself. I swore that was the last race I would push them, now they cheer from the sidelines. I can't tell you how emotional I got at the half marathon in March seeing my boys cheer "Go mommy!" It was the best race ever.

Emily said...

yes, that last hill was brutal! hopefully the girls are learning how much fun races are already.