Monday, October 12, 2009

Mantra

I have something that I really don't want to do this week. It's nothing awful, but it just scares me a little. But, it's something I need to do. And aren't those the things in life that you're supposed to do? The ones that scare you a little.

So, I keep repeating my little mantra and I'll keep repeating it until Wednesday at 10:30.

Put on your big girl panties, and deal with it.
Put on your big girl panties, and deal with it
Put on your big girl panties, and deal with it.

You get the idea.

Ugh. But why does feigning an illness sound so much easier?

3 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

Whatever it is, good luck. Sometimes you have to have these mantras, right? My current mantra is about weight loss... "I am NOT f***ing around, here!"

Heh. Whatever works.

J said...

In situations like that, I always tell myself that I'll feel better doing it and getting it over with than somehow backing out. And usually, the thought of it is much worse than actually dealing with it. Good luck!

Heidi said...

I'm way late in reading your post but hope everything went well.
Hope you have a nice weekend!