Wednesday, September 09, 2009

What a week

From Sunday til today, I've

  • Finished my fourth half marathon
  • Enjoyed some cocktails with good friends post race and danced with a reggae band after said cocktails.
  • Ate my weight in yummy food after the race. Cheeseburger, french fries, crab cakes, omelet, Nutter Butter cookies. Why else do you run if you can't enjoy the food afterwards?
  • Felt like I looked pregnant on Sunday night wearing my new "cute" dress. Perhaps it was all of the food?
  • Wrote a blog post about my running experience for our local newspaper. When it's up, I'll post a link.
  • Had a biopsy, felt like my left boob was slammed into a car door, didn't cry because I was trying to hold still, and then felt like crying when all I had in the house was regular strength Tylenol.
  • Found out that the biopsy was benign and everything was A-OK. I still don't know who was happier. My Doctor kept exclaiming "I'm so happy!" when he called to tell me the news.
  • Took the girls to their first "Parents Morning Out" class. We were told that they did great, loved music time, and Maddy was supposedly already flirting with Dax, a cute little boy in their class.
  • Came home after taking Maddy and Libby to school and couldn't believe how strange it felt to not have them here. Everything was very quiet and neat for about two hours.
  • Happily accepted some rosemary from my neighbor's garden. Now to see if we have any potatoes to make some roasted potatoes with fresh rosemary.
  • Just turned on Sesame Street to function as a babysitter for a few minutes so I could check email, and write this post. Is that awful?

5 comments:

EmilyB said...

Congrats on the big race (what an achievement) and what a relief to hear that all is ok with the biopsy. Can't imagine how scary that must have been!

Farrell and Lauren said...

Sounds like a big week...a few lows and lots of highs. Glad everything turned out well with the biopsy.

LauraC said...

YAY on the biopsy and the half marathon!

Katiesperk said...

You have had quite a few triumphs! Well done on the running. Congrats on the benign biopsy and I hope you enjoy your new few quiet hours!!

Kim said...

Congrats girl! great news all around!