Thursday, September 03, 2009

"School"

I feel like all I do is write in " " lately. We went to the open house where Maddy and Libby will be attending "school" aka Parents Morning Out. I like that they are PC when it comes to the name.

About half of the students are attending 3 days a week, 3 of them are going 2 days a week like we will be, and then the other 2 are going only 1 day. I think they have 9 children on Wednesday's, but only 7 on Monday and Friday.

So cute ... the door is decorated with monkeys and a trailing vine with leaves. Each leaf had the name of a child in the class. We walked inside and found their very own hook! with name to hang up their little backpacks. Can you tell it's been a while since I've been in a classroom? We also know one of the teachers and she is wonderful. It turned out that we knew two of the other families in the class, so that is always reassuring. Another Dad is a Detective, so I know they'll be safe!

So cute and I love their little schedule ... outdoor time and music every day. The teachers talked about how they come in as babies and leave as toddlers. What??? My babies are growing up for sure. Maddy and Libby will be about in the middle as far as ages go for the class.

I'm a little worried about snack time. I have known that Maddy and Libby are great eaters. Lately, our sitters have commented about how much food they can put away, so I'm assuming that they are ahem, overachievers in this category. The school will provide a snack, but it will typically be Ritz crackers, graham crackers, goldfish, etc. I may need to sneak in a banana to go along with what is provided. Otherwise, we may have a tiny revolution from my two Generals who want to know where the rest of their food is!

One cute thing that I've noticed lately ... if you say "good job" to Libby, she automatically claps her hands. So adorable! Sigh. They grow up too fast, they really do.

2 comments:

NatalieDeltaGam said...

I can't wait to see pictures of their first day!

Bella said...

I loved the preschool years...everything is all fun and cute and NO pressure! LOL