Wednesday, September 16, 2009

If I can't laugh at myself, who will?

I woke up this morning at 5:45. Way too early, so I rolled back over and didn't wake up again until 7:45. And, the house was still quiet. The girls were still sleeping, so I crept downstairs to get breakfast started. Oh, and did I mention that I've been single parenting since Monday? It is hard.

I had to get them out of the house by a few minutes before 9am and wow did that 1hr. and 15 minutes ever fly by.

A few things that were going on this morning ....

  • Maddy won't keep her PJ pants on. She's just figured out that she can take them off, so I just decided to let her crawl around in the diaper. It's cute, she's happy, but the pants thing just make me laugh.
  • Got them fed (1 scrambled egg, strawberries, 1/2 banana, handful of cheerios, 1/2 of a bagel, and milk for each). Lord help us when they are teenagers. I already feel like they're going to eat us out of house and home.
  • Some slapping incident (Maddy on Libby's face). Libby was not a happy camper, and Maddy doesn't quite understand what "no" means. Drama.
  • Wet paws with the dogs due to rain. Ugh.
  • Wet bottoms on the girls due to both sitting down in the grass while I was trying to get the backpacks in the car.
  • Oh, and me dressed in my workout clothes to take them to school. Like I was going to work out. Ha. I just had to put on something that didn't resemble PJ's so I could get them to school and hit the ground running on work errands.
  • And what made me laugh even harder were the Moms (with kids and without) that I saw today dressed exactly like me. I bet 95% of us didn't even drive past a gym this morning.