Monday, July 27, 2009

Whattya think?

I wish I could get the images the same size, but can you tell a huge difference in the two sofas shown below? Other than the couple of thousand dollars difference?

Does anyone know a way to keep two black labs from rubbing up against sofas? Beside using strategically placed sofa tables, chairs, electric fencing? Just kidding. I think.



Both are slipcovered, so they could be easily cleaned, and both are approximately the same size. One is from one of those stores that you typically want everything that you see on their shelves, and the other is one of those stores that I don't think I realized they even sell furniture.

10 comments:

savannah redtop said...

I've heard good things from JCPenny furniture so I would go that route! I have a white slipcovered couch that my chocolate lab tends to gravitate to - luckily, i just slip it off and throw it in the wash! I wouldn't have light furniture any other way, i end up washing mine once a month. The clean look of white furniture is so great!

Erica said...

I was going to guess PB and JCPenny's! Let us know which one you go with;-) I'd try Penny's I think...

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I vote the non-Pottery Barn one :) Especially if it will be coated with black lab on a regular basis.

Jillian, Inc said...

I am anti-Pottery Barn unless it's something like a glass or picture frame that doesn't get much wear and tear. I used to purchase there a lot and every single thing wears like crap. I was just noticing this weekend how frayed the end of my not-so-cheap bed quilt has gotten just from simple washing and drying.

amanda said...

My mom has a dining table from jcp and it looks great sometimes they have great sales too. I thought one of them might be the infamous Ike sectional.

Keith and Jamie said...

We love our JCP dining room table; they have very PB-like furniture. Go for it, and if it doesn't work out, you haven't spent a fortune.
Good Luck!

Southern Web Girl said...

Go for the Penney's! I have a couple pieces from them in my dining room and I love them!

Jules said...

we got our kitchen table from THAT STORE THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HAD FURNTURE. We love it. It looks like it is from the doors that YOU WANTS EVERYTHING IN THERE!

Solar Powered said...

errrr...when you find the secret to no rub labs, please pass it on!

Miche said...

P.S. I'm weeks late on responding but I must know which one you got? I had been looking for new living room furniture bc ours is bordering on fugly at this point and I LOVE the one from the store you didn't know had furniture.

Did you get it?