Friday, July 24, 2009

Wedding Dress

I'm playing along with Kelly's Korner, Show Us Your Life and today's theme is posting your wedding dress.

I might as well get a little more use of it, so here goes.

Here we are in the church parlor, trying to get it down. That is me (with the veil) and my BFF and one of my Matron of Honors, Mad About Plaid Girl.

I think my feet are under there!

Leaving the church after our ceremony. You can't tell I was excited, can you?
Posing for a shot after the ceremony.
Dancing with Hubby for our first dance as Mr. and Mrs.

It took me a while to find my dress. I first tried it on at a boutique that is no longer open and broke out in hives. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing, but my friend D., who had gone with me assured me it was. I felt like I tried on every other dress available trying to see if I could find one that I loved as much as my own.

It was designed by Marisa and was pretty simple, with the exception of the crystals and pearls that embellished at the waist. The dress was heavy, and full, and had a long train that I ended up getting dirty before the ceremony. Oh well ... it seemed like a huge deal at the time, but it never mattered. It's now safely stored and I would love if Maddy or Libby decided to wear it one day.

9 comments:

Nicolasa said...

So pretty!

Tara G. said...

LOVELY!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

So pretty and classic, I love the back!

Jillian, Inc said...

Very lovely.

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Very pretty! I love looking at wedding dresses, so thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

I love your dress - very pretty. :)

I'm Just Beachy said...

Love it!

Bella said...

You were a beautiful bride and your dress just lovely!!!

Heather said...

You looked beautiful at your wedding!