Sunday, July 05, 2009

Silly me

We had been waiting to turn around Maddy and Libby's car seats until they were one year old. They had both hit the 20 pound mark already, but I would rather err on the side of safety. Well, one year came and went and we just hadn't gotten around to it. Then after a couple of short trips (15 minutes) and finding them with soaking wet hair because they just weren't getting any A/C finally prompted us to do the big flip.

Hubby went out yesterday to work on them and came back inside looking at the direction manual. He casually mentioned that there were no instructions to turn them around, so we went online. While the car seats that we have are good up to 35 pounds, they are rear facing only. I have no idea how we missed this when we picked them out, but I was ticked that we made that error.

We have been planning to buy one of the Britax models for their next ride, but I guess we'll be doing it a little sooner than expected! Nearly every Mom I have ever met has a Britax, and I did some research today and am leaning toward the Boulevard or Boulevard CS. I'm wondering if any of you have the CS model and if the special "clicking" sound when the straps are tight is really that beneficial. It seems to be the only real difference in the two.

I'm also wishing that there were a few more patterns to choose from. Call me picky, but it's either boring beige or "I'M ALL GIRL" pink. I have a feeling we'll be shouting "I'M ALL GIRL" from the back seat!

10 comments:

Mrs. K said...

I had the Britax and mine didn't make a clicking sound- and let me tell you once installed correctly, those suckers don't move and are great. We had the denim one because it was either that or the zebra or tiger print- was not into those.

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I don't have children, but a friend of mine who is all-knowing with kiddos has Britax. She once said they are the only ones to ever buy. I'll trust her!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

I have the Britax Boulevard CS in onyx.
I got mine when they were 20% + free s/h on Amazon. My mom got her Marathon at a consignment sale.
I love the Boulevard and it looks like MM is snug and safe inside it.
(clicking noise...yeah, it clicks, but the only reason I got the CS was b/c it was the only one available in onyx...and that matched my seats perfectly)

Elizabeth said...

i have a britax also and love it. check out babycheapskate.com for deals. i got mine at albeebaby.com when it was on sale with free shipping! you could always get a carseat cover if you don't like the beige

Heidi said...

Britax is definitely the way to go! If you can, wait for a sale and free shipping on Amazon!

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

What about the COWMOOFLAUGE? :)

CRICKET said...

I love my Britax. I am still rear facing though and my daughter is almost 2 years old.

Mommy, Esq. said...

I just read that you should keep them rear facing for 2 yrs unless they exceed the height limit. So keep on using your current ones. I do love my Britax Boulevards though. They are grey and I want to take a nap in their plushness.

Kim said...

I scored on both Britax seats...a neighbor gave us her slightly used one (blvd) and then I bought the other (marathon) at a garage sale for $50! Then I had them covered, well just the one in my car, I have not decided on what fabric for hubby's car. but here is the link... http://kimsblankcanvas.blogspot.com/2009/05/cool-new-ride.html

It's going to be great to finally see the girls while driving!

LauraC said...

(Found your blog through other twin mom blogs)

We went from infant car seats to the Roundabouts. We travel quite a bit by plane so we wanted something lighter and smaller for the years where they would be in planes. (And we only had one car at the time. ) THe Roundabouts are so easy to get in and out of the car.

When we got our second car, we went for the Regents as we plan to keep them in a 5 pt harness as long as possible, definitely until age 7 and hopefully longer.

Love Britax!