Wednesday, July 08, 2009

New York City Marathon

Hubby started his official marathon training last night for the ING NYC Marathon. Whoo-hoo! You may remember that he got in last year, but decided to defer since we knew we'd have two tiny babies to contend with. So, this is the year.

I'm excited for him to do such a major accomplishment (his first marathon), but also to do so at such a historic race in a great city.

So, NYC area bloggers, anyone want to show a NC girl around your fair city? I have no travel details yet, but I would love to see if anyone is available to meet up for coffee, lunch, drinks, dinner ...whatever.

The marathon is Nov. 1, so we'll be in town a day or two before and hopefully a day or two after the race. My parents are going to pack up pumpkins (literally) and celebrate Halloween at our house and watch the girls for us.

If you're interested, please leave me a comment or send me an email (it's under my profile) and we can make plans. If you have information about the race, where to stay, where to eat, where to avoid, that would be helpful too and much appreciated.

1 comment:

I Love Your Whole Face said...

Congrats to him! I ran it last year and it is amazing. He will have the best time!!!