Thursday, July 02, 2009

My house

I saw this at The Plan and thought it would be fun ... I actually don't think I've done this meme before.

1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? Dove body wash and Philosophy Amazing Grace body wash.

2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No 

3. What would you change about your living room? I have a plan for that!  Read about it here.

4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Dirty, but I just emptied it so I think there's only a plate and knife.

5. What is in your fridge? Mike - whole and skim, chicken enchilada casserole, black eyed peas, blueberries, raspberries, Skinny Dip beer, cheese, Gatorade, granny smith apples, champagne, Stonyfield yogurt, tilapia, and a leftover piece of BBQ Chicken pizza.

6. White or wheat bread? Wheat

7. What is on top of your refrigerator? My Eiffel tower clock and a lasagna recipe.  Don't ask.

8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? No shower curtain ... we have doors.

9. How many plants are in your home? 2, plus some hydrangeas that came out of my yard.

10. Is your bed made right now? Yes.

11. Comet or Soft Scrub? The new eco-friendly scrubbing bubbles.

12. Is your closet organized? Describe "organized."

13. Can you describe your flashlight? One is huge and black, the other is tan and plugs into the wall.

14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Glass.

15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No. 

16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? n/a

17. Curtains or blinds? Wooden blinds on most windows, with valances in two rooms.

18. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two.

19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? No.

20. How often do you vacuum? I try to vacuum about every other day.  I probably need to vacuum every day, but it rarely happens.

21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Electric.

22. What color is your toothbrush? White.

23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Yes.

24. What is in your oven right now? Nothing except for something burnt on the bottom that should be cleaned.

25. Is there anything under your bed? An overnight bag of Hubby's and miraculously, I think that is it.

26. Chore you hate doing the most? Scrubbing toilets.

27. What retro items are in your home? Our whole house?  Well, part of it was built in 1939 so we have some neat character - arches, phone cubby, total vintage (50's) bathroom decor in the downstairs bath, some of our furniture is antique.

28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Yes ... it is currently trashed with several strollers, but it's so nice to have.   

29. How many mirrors are in your home? Five.

30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Not emergency money, but Hubby's Holiday Savings plan.  (Don't come rob us - it's not that much!)

31. What color are your walls? Taupe, rust, light greenish-blue, white, peach-y (previous owners, but it's the laundry room so it's grown on me.)

32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Two black labs.

33. What does your home smell like right now? Faintly of onions and garlic from 2 casseroles I made earlier today.

34. Favorite candle scent?  One that I bought in Paris, but I don't remember what the scent was anymore.  It was the perfect blend of clean and sweet, without being overpowering.

35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? Dill.  Claussen ... the other brands are crap.

36. What color is your favorite Bible? Maroon.

37. Ever been on your roof? No.

38. Do you own a stereo? Yes.

39. How many TVs do you have? Three.

40. How many house phones? Four

41. Do you have a housekeeper? Yes and it's the best money that I spend every other week.

42. What style do you decorate in? One-year-old twins with a touch of two Labrador retrievers.

43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? I really like both, but mainly have solids in my house.  I'm itching for some good floral chairs.

44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Yes and carbon monoxide detectors, too.

45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you'd grab if you only could make one quick trip? Babies, pictures, dogs (as if I could carry anything else ... can I open the kennel doors and yell "run?")  This scenario makes me realize I need to make an emergency binder to grab with the important documents.  

2 comments:

Jules said...

i have an emergency "bin" or file forlder holder thingie...but it is not easily accessible. But I do have photos and phot cd's all together...but they are in the eaves. Go figure.

katherine said...

Are your casserole recipes any good? Will you share them?? I'm always looking for something quick and good.