Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A few new products

I was in need of eye cream and eye shadow the other day and so far, I have really enjoyed both products that I picked up.

I have been wearing Bobbi Brown eye shadows for a few years. I always use very neutral shadows and I love that you can use her shadows as eyeliner, too.

I was going to buy two (a light vanilla color for my lids, and a dark for eyeliner), but they had this new nude palette that came with six shadows, so I went ahead and tried it. It has some great shimmery ones that still look very natural and I feel like they just brighten up your eyes. The colors all seem to mix and match very well and can be worn alone, or if you know what you're doing with all that highlighting business ... you can wear a couple of shades together.

I also picked up the Garnier Ultra Lift-Pro eye cream at Target. I am very religious about washing my face and I always use a daily moisturizer with SPF. I haven't been using an eye cream lately and I feel like I need it. Let's just say that I think the skin around my eyes has been looking a little tired lately. I think I had seen this promoted on Martha one day and so far, I really like the way it feels. There is a cream to use above your eye and a gel for under your eye. They aren't greasy or too thick, but seem to really absorb right into my skin and it feels soft after it's applied. I can't say that I've noticed a miraculous difference in the four days that I've been using them, but they feel good, so I'll keep it up. And for the price, you can't beat it.

Next up, I am almost out of my shampoo and conditioner and think I want to try something new. Hope my hairstylist doesn't read my blog. I like what I bought at her salon, but I'm not sure that it's worth the price. Any new faves or product lines out there? I used to be an Aveda girl, switched to Pureology, lately tried the Daviness line and now I wonder what will be next.

1 comment:

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I am constantly looking for the "perfect" shampoo!