Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dear Sweet and Unsuspecting Neighbor,

When you stop by my house between the hours of 9 and 10AM, it is highly likely that I will have two small napping children. You may even notice that the blinds that are usually open are closed on the front bedroom. And I will likely be taking a much needed shower since I haven't had one since Monday. Tuesday was a crazy nap day at the D. household causing one Mama not to bathe even though she had run 4.5 miles that morning and was stiiiinky.

Anyway, so after you ring the doorbell, please don't also knock. Very loudly. And several times. That will commence the two big black dogs to start barking. Loudly. Barking will commence two babies to start crying and screaming. Loudly.

All this while I am trying my best to get shampooed, conditioned, and clean.

When I run downstairs in my towel to try to console two screaming babies and get them back to sleep, and I peek outside my front door to see a bag of fresh veggies on the door knob and decide it's better that I leave them there and not show my lovely towel-clad self to all of my street ... please know that I really appreciate those veggies and think of how sweet you are to bring them and look forward to feeding them to the girls.

When it's decided by the screaming babies that naptime is over and I throw back on my PJ's and decide it's "somewhat" safe to open the door and step on my porch to discover that my veggies are now gone, it really disappoints me that you took them away.

WTF?

P.S. Since I didn't have time to blow dry my hair, you may not recognize me later today because it will be one big mess.

8 comments:

heather said...

Substitute one black lab for two, and change "sweet neighbor" to "rude city construction worker" and you have my morning as well.

I *may* have only been wearing an oversized Race for the Cure shirt. And *may* have let out a loud string of expletives as I ran around the house looking for pants as Max barked his head off. And *may* have briefly considered taking R's gun to the door (we just moved to a new town/neighborhood and I'm still a little skittish)....

Some Like it Southern said...

That's insane! I cannot believe she took the veggies back!!!

sarah said...

NOT NICE

I'm Just Beachy said...

I can't believe she took them back! For goodness sakes!

tlm said...

Maybe she didn't want her precious vegetables to be left out in the elements?? Just a thought...

But the bell ringing, knocking was a bit excessive!

Solar Powered said...

what?!?! go over there and maker her feel bad

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

I have to say....and you might laugh..but I may or may not have been known to leave a note attached to my door during the day that says, "baby sleeping, knock softly"...I'm just sayin...

In our house it's, "When the baby hasn't had a nap, ain't nobody happy">!

Jules said...

are you kidding me????????? why did she take them back? yu need to ask her. tell her you were indecent but that you saw them. Call her out girlfriend!