Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daily Musings Thursday

Purge.  

I went through my undergarments drawer and pulled out any bra that no longer fit, was a nursing bra, or was a jog bra that rubbed or chaffed.  I did the same with underwear .  That left me with about one bra that really fit well, and three jog bras that fit well, and a handful of underwear.  I purchased four new bras so I now have a nice variety of bras that fit, and new undies.  I did allow myself to keep one strapless bra, and the red lacy number that I bought in Paris.  Not that either really get worn, but you never know when you may need them. 

Shorts. 

These Nike tempo track shorts are my new favorite.  No riding, no pulling, just sheer running bliss.  I always think they look good on everyone else, so hopefully they are doing the same for my legs.  I was concerned about thigh rubbage, but I wore them on a 9-miler and they were fine.

Ick.

How is it that I always keep getting conditioner in my ear?  This seems to have happened in the last couple of weeks, and I notice it when I'm going to dry my hair.  Yuck.  Have I forgotten how to apply conditioner in the shower?

Monkeys.

When I go into to get Maddy and Libby out of their cribs after naptime, they are usually standing up in the cribs and "talking."  I normally say hello, good morning, good afternoon or whatever appropriate greeting.  I open up the blinds, smooth their messy hair, and let them wake up.  If they take after me, they may need a couple of minutes to wake up after a good nap.  The funniest thing to me is that I can usually say "Two little monkeys jumping in the bed", and as if on cue, Libby starts jumping in the crib and laughing.  Maddy just normally looks like me like I'm silly.  And who said twins don't have different personalities?

So, what's new with you?

5 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

The conditioner thing happens to me too... Dont know what I am doing. Maybe because I am still half asleep when I am in the shower. I also need to do some post baby bra purging.

MER said...

How does the sizing run on those shorts? I'm always a little thrown by Nike stuff.

Erica said...

I may just have to pick up a pair of those shorts...

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Ok, after reading that about nike tempo's - I am purchasing some ASAP.

Heather said...

Those shorts do look cute. I need to go through my underwear drawer too.