Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A year ago


As we are nearing the corner to ONE very quickly, I have become a little sappy thinking about the past year and how quickly it has gone. At this time last year, I was still working full-time and was getting ready to start my weekly OB/GYN exams and weekly non stress tests. I had just had two baby showers and I found this picture from one of them. We were no where near ready - i.e. hospital bag packed, supplies bought, etc because we really thought that we had much longer.

I think this must be one of the last pictures that was made of me before the girls arrived.

Very Large. And not in charge. I'm still not in charge ... when does that happen?

But the cake at the shower was wonderful. Raspberry lady from my favorite bakery - white cake with raspberry preserves and cream cheese frosting.

2 comments:

Farrell and Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, I know women do it, but I can't imagine working full time with that large of a bump! How do you reach the keyboard?? Haha, I guess my time will come...

Jillian, Inc said...

Oh gosh- it is amazing how fast the time goes. "Long days but short years" really is true. And I think you look adorable. And I think once we have kids we are never in charge - ha!