Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Good stuff

If you are from the South, then you have probably eaten and enjoyed a pimento cheese sandwich from time to time. If you haven't, don't turn up your nose and just give it a try. On bread, crackers, or just a spoonful out of the container ... anyway is acceptable.

While looking up something for work today, I actually ran across a link to this vendor whose pimento cheese I tasted a couple of years ago.

All I can say is YUM and now it has me craving one.

If you find it, give it a try ... especially the jalapeno pimento cheese. Now, I don't know what my Meme would have said about adding jalapeno to pimento cheese, but oh my, it's good. I also love her website with the napkin, silverware, plate, and drink that are all set in front of you.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Aimala said...

Hmmm...I've never had a pimiento cheese sandwhich! But I do love cheese, LOVE it! And I like trying new things so I'll definitely think about giving it a try! I am gonna pass on the jalapeno though, they scare me a little! I'm not very good with hot, spicy foods :( lol

Amy
Aimala02@yahoo.com

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I can appreciate the craving - I love it on Ritz crackers!

Mrs. K said...

i make my own all the time...it's easy peasy...velvetta, red pimento peppers (I'm assuming it's the sweet red peppers in the bottle because that's what I use), and I even add some...spam...yup- it's freaking delish. Put all in cuisinart and blend together to desired consistency- there. You can add your desired additives (jalapenos, etc)

Jessi said...

Love pimento cheese...I have been making my own and love it...on a sandwich, on triscuits, or any other cracker...YUMMY!!! Great summertime food!

Marissa said...

I love pimento!!

Susan D. said...

I love my Mom's recipe too. I think it's basically Velveeta, pimentos, mayo, and sugar. I also like it with sharp cheddar instead of the Velveeta.

Barefoot in the Park said...

mmm pimento cheese. now im hungry.

i love the kind they have at the fresh market!

Jules said...

YUM!! I want some now! And YES, what a cool site. :)

I have had pimento cheese w/ jalapeno's in it before...pretty good. We can only find that particular kind in Roxboro. LOL

Farrell and Lauren said...

I swear to goodness, the trick is to whip some air into it with a blender and use freshly grated cheese (pre-grated is waxed to keep the pieces from sticking together). Try this recipe-beyond amazing---
http://entertaintheplan.blogspot.com/2007/05/you-must-be-kidding.html