Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pink CHI, RIP

After a lovely three years with my pink CHI flat iron, she met her untimely demise on Saturday. One too many spills on the tile floor rendered her useless. And believe me when I tell you that I had a washcloth around my hand trying to revive her and not burn myself as I was in the midst of hair-straightening on a very humid day. It's been a few very scary and poufy last several days.


So, I would like to introduce, Blue CHI. I know that we will grow into a (hopefully) long love affair and I promise that I will try not to drop you on the floor. I was also glad to find that ULTA had you on sale and I also had a 20% off coupon to use when I invited you home.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Oh no! I have dropped mine on the tile floor so many times and always am scared to look. Good thing they're replaceable I guess! :-)

mak'n Changes said...

Chi's are amazing! 3 years is a long time to have a flat iron! Do you use the chi hair products as well? Congrats on your little blue friend,, may you have a long and happy life together! *wink*
Cindie

Jules said...

can't live w/ out the chi! i guess that is the ONLY good thing about having...ugghh...a carpeted bathroom (wtf, who carpets their bathroom? that is SOO going when we redo our master bath whenever that will be!).
Chi's rock...you can also find them from time to time online w/ free shipping at Costco.com ...for a good deal. there is no CHI warranty if you get them from an unauthorized dealer, but costco IS an authorized dealer.

Totty said...

My Chi met it's demise the other week as well. We spent a loving 4 years together. My hair dresser told me that you cold get high quality flatirons at TJMaxx of all places. I ended up getting a $200 Cortex flatiron for $29.99! And it works as great as my chi! Plus this way if I drop it I have only wasted $30 bucks vs. $100!! Just thought I would pass along this tip for the future!