Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Off my chest

This won't make sense to anyone but Hubby, so here goes.

I try to do something nice for two people very close to me.

I basically get shit on in the process and feel like I have something held over my head. Actually, I don't feel it, I know that I have something held over my head.

It is decided that the nice thing won't happen, but I still can't help but to feel mad and bitter about the thing that was held over my head. It was surprising and hurtful. I know that I need to be the bigger person and let it go, but why is it so freakin' hard?

So what do you do now? Play nice-nice and act like nothing ever happened or hold a grudge that keeps you up at night? Neither option really feels right to me at the moment, but I'm hoping that the wine I'm drinking will help me sleep.

I guess the quote, "nice guys finish last" is true.

5 comments:

Mrs. K said...

welcome to my relationship with my sister. So I have no answers.

Jillian, Inc said...

Through several hard trials like this myself, I've learned the art of being INDIFFERENT. I don't care one way or the other about how someone acts toward me and that really gets to them, because even if I am ANGRY they are getting a reaction from me.

Heather said...

I am sorry, this sounds very frustrating!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

i know how you feel. i try being like jillian above and just be indifferent, but i can't. i have one relationship in my life like yours. it drives me bonkers b/c i have to see her weekly...no matter if i want to or not.

Keith and Jamie said...

AMEN!!! I am not sure how some people tend to remain in 2nd grade while the rest of us grow up. To quote "Prince"...Act your age not your shoe size!
I hope it gets better...if not I agree with Jillian...be indifferent!