Monday, May 18, 2009

Fangs

Libby now has four teeth ... her bottom two, and two on the top. Instead of her top front teeth coming in, her lateral incisors came in first.

Since I'm new at parenting and didn't really grow up around a lot of babies, I wasn't sure if this was "normal" or not. I guess it's the latter after visiting friends for their son's baptism yesterday and one shouted out, "Oh my gosh ... Libby has fangs!"

I haven't been able to get one picture that shows these little beauties, but it really is the cutest and funniest thing I have seen in a while. Has anyone else seen this happen in babies or should I be calling the orthodontist now!?

5 comments:

Kristi said...

How sweet little baby teeth are! My daughter grew her teeth in the "right" order. But when she lost them? Not so much.

Jules said...

hmm, not sure. maybe google it to see. Or just give a call to Kate Pearce...GSO Ped Dentistry, or whatevr it is called.

And BTW, I had fangs when i was a teenager before braces...I had too many teeth and they were pushing my incisors (?) up and out and I looked RIDICULOUS!

MissyMac said...

Don't worry, this happened to Eli. At first I thought his top front teeth were just really far apart, or that he didn't have any front teeth. But at his Dr's appt they assured me that it was the outer teeth and that the front ones would follow soon, and they did :)

Elle said...

That's too funny. Same thing is happening to my girls. I'm so happy I found your blog. I have been told it's normal so don't worry;)

Elizabeth said...

My teeth came in the "right" order as a baby but I had a gap in between my two front teeth that made me look like I was constantly missing a front tooth - luckily my teeth corrected themselves. haha