Friday, April 10, 2009

Wondering

Is it in bad taste when my doorbell rings at 12 noon to hug the person, kiss them, and dance around like a crazy person? I guess it would be different if I really knew this person, but it's my cleaning lady who is coming for our first "official" cleaning.

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I have days that I feel like I should be able to keep our house as clean as I would like, but in reality ... it just isn't happening.

The fact that instead of scrubbing a toilet or mopping a floor, I can use that time to love on my girls, do a little work, talk to my husband, or actually think about making something for dinner and that makes me insanely happy. There. I said it.

11 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

I can't believe you've held out this long!!! My cleaning people started when my kids were about a month old. Best bi-weekly money I've ever spent. I'm never giving them up!!!

J said...

I can barely keep my place clean and I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with no children or husband. So, I'm impressed you've held out this long! Plus, with the economy lots of people are cutting cleaning people, landscapers, etc. so you are really doing a good thing!

Erica said...

Lucky you! Enjoy it:-)

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

That would make me so happy too! Enjoy your CLEAN home.

lisagh said...

Hug away!

amanda said...

Susan, we've been thinking more and more about hiring someone. I'm considering myself successful if I can just keep my house picked up actually getting it clean is a different story. I don't want to call Molly Maids or something like that though. Are you using a service or did you get a referral from somewhere?

NatalieDeltaGam said...

i work and therefore i get my house cleaned. it gives me about 30 mins more (at least) per day to spend snuggling w/mm instead of cleaning. it is totally worth it in my opinion...and besides, no matter how hard i try i can't get my house as clean as my cleaning people can!! :-)

ashlie said...

You are hilarious!

Heidi said...

Oh Good for you!!

Why is it that I had a cleaning lady BEFORE I had a baby...and now? A one year old and NO CLEANING LADY!

...I need to re-evaluate this scenerio!! :>)

Jules said...

ENJOY it! It is soo worth it...which remind me...I need to get mine back in a rotation...she hasn't been since last summer! LOL

Good job on the 8 miles today!

MissyMac said...

Life's too short to clean your own house!