Monday, April 06, 2009

We survived!

Hubby and I took our first trip by ourselves this weekend. Gasp! Gone for three nights and two airplane rides away from home! I thought it was a success since we didn't drink entirely too much and make jackasses out of ourselves and we also didn't sleep away the entire weekend. There were definitely periods of imbibing and rainy, Saturday afternoon naps, but all in moderation!

It was a trip to Vermont for my work, but we were able to take families along to enjoy the weekend after our meetings were over on Friday. Since the girls are a tad too young for skiing, we decided to leave them entrusted in the care of their grandparents. All in all, it was a win-win. The girls were spoiled rotten, and the grandparents, albeit tired were able to spend uninterrupted time with their newest grand babies.

Today, I had to pick up Zeus and Zoe from their kennel and poor Zeuser broke his dew claw nail getting into my car. Ouch. Poor guy ... he wouldn't let anyone touch his paw and there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it. The kennel owner tried to wrap up his paw, but Zeus was having none of that. It's no longer bleeding, so that is good. I think he is totally milking us for extra attention.

So it really is back to reality - - emails, phone calls, dogs, laundry, meetings, peas in the hair, and sweet potatoes on my shoulder. Never a dull day.

4 comments:

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Glad you and hubby had a good time =)

mak'n Changes said...

Welcome home! I'm glad u were able to have an enjoyable time
Poor little poochie. Give em a pat on the head for me
Cindie

Bella said...

Good for you! I know it did the couple thing a world of good.

NatalieDeltaGam said...

my cousin's boxer ripped her back dew claw in half last week. the vet had to remove it. poor bella--she hurts so bad. i hope zeus gets better!!
(vivi has SIX dew claws...lord, i hope she never hurts one of those!)
and...yay for vacays!