Sunday, April 19, 2009

Interesting article

Oh, I loved this article about the Comic Sans font. It just always seemed to me like this font was the one that came free with your Microsoft Word software ... it was just different enough to stand out from Times New Roman and Arial, and it always seemed that it was getting overused.

I think my personal favorite overuse of Comic Sans was one of my former coworkers who used this font as her email signature. If that doesn't scream unprofessional, then I don't know what does. I guess dress it up with some blinking pink neon and you'll be all set.

5 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

I just read that article too. Made me think about the time that I received a resume that used the Chiller font. Needless to say, she did not get the job.

Solar Powered said...

omg, i totally agree - is it rude to forward the article to my co-worker that way over uses comic sans? :)

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Oh I hate it just about as much as Times New Roman! Great article.

Jules said...

LOL, hilarious!!!
And ther CHILLER font is something we joke about in the office all the time...my co-worker was making baby announcements and we were trying to decide on a font for said announcements...I told her to use CHILLER for the announcements...ha...and to use CURLZ (lol) on her resume.

Something Blue said...

haha, that is hilarious. Personally I love Georgia font.