Thursday, March 05, 2009

Ugh.

I have been dreading tomorrow all day long, and not for my own selfish birthday reasons. Libby is having her surgery to have her hemangiomas lasered. While the actual surgery part doesn't make me as nervous - they use a laser that will help reduce the size, lighten the color, and toughen the skin so the hemangiomas won't open up - it's the anesthesia.

I have kept myself from googling today and looking up scary statistics about anesthesia. I know as a rational adult that we have a great Pediatric Anesthesiologist who will take care of my girl, but as a Mom I can't help but worry.

We have to be there at 6AM for her 7:15 appointment. So, I'm asking for thoughts and prayers that everything will go smoothly and we'll be back home playing before she realizes what's going on.

** Update at 9:00 AM ** We are back home and everything is fine! Thanks so much for the messages, thoughts, and prayers. Libby charmed all of the nurses and 2 even asked to take her home! It was a quick procedure and honestly, we chatted with another family in the waiting room, then received our call that everything was done and fine. I picked her up from recovery and we were back on the road. Whew!

8 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

Good luck, good luck! I'm sure that it will go smoothly. Thoughts are with you and Libby.

Barefoot in the Park said...

sending prayers your way!!

Elizabeth said...

I will say a prayer for sweet Libby!

Heidi said...

I will certainly pray for her. As a new mom myself, I understand your anxiety.
Hang in there. Happy Birthday Early!

Libby said...

I'm sure evetything will go smoothly but will have you all in my thoughts just the same. Let us know when little Libby is back home safe and sound! :)

Melissa said...

I hope everything goes well!

Kristi said...

It's so scary anytime we have to trust others with our babies! My prayers are definitely with you today. I am sure you'll be back here before you know it saying, "It was a piece of cake!".

Jessi said...

Sending special prayers and thoughts your way this morning...