Friday, March 13, 2009

Strong

How can a nearly 9 month old baby be so strong? I would have sworn that her 18 pounds is one big wiggly muscle. Hubby called me into their nursery this morning when he was trying to give Libby medicine and by the look of both of them, he was losing. They were both covered in pink medicine.

She had her first ear infection and cough/wheezy respiratory thing this week. Yuck. Apparently, she doesn't like the taste of the amoxicillian. I can't say that I blame her. It's going to be a long 7 days. Damn 10-day supply.

The hard part is keeping Maddy well. I'm trying to separate them at playtime, separate their food and spoons, but there's a part of me that wonders if the spreading the illness is inevitable. Like when Maddy decided to take Libby's pacifier from her mouth and pop it into her own. Maddy may have just sealed her deal to be in the Pediatrician's office soon. Let's hope not.

3 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

Honestly, I don't even really bother trying that hard to keep illnesses from each other. I probably should, but it seems like such a losing battle! Especially now that they're older. They're just going to steal each other's cups, anyways. Might as well get it over with. :-)

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

We give Bug medicine while she is drinking her bottle. We slide the dropper in the side of her mouth and squeeze and she doesn't even realize she's getting medicine in there. Try that......good luck.

Alison said...

hey. i found you from nanny's blog. Being a pharmacist (and mom), I thought I should offer a medicine suggestion. Try putting it in a small amount of applesauce or juice. i hope that helps.
they are adorable!