Wednesday, March 25, 2009

picky, picky, picky.

Maddy has always been the picky eater of the two girls. She's always been a slower eater and my Mom finally admitted that she used to scoop up Libby first because she was easier to feed. Even with her bottle some days, she'll just press her lips together and turn her head away when she's telling you "no!" She's finally eating applesauce, cheerios, and bananas. Maybe a few bites of oatmeal, sweet potato, and carrots, but those are few and far between.

I decided to try out blueberries and yogurt for lunch today. They both gobbled up the blueberries. My only "fiasco" was when I gave Maddy a bath this evening and noticed that she had a bruise on her arm. I nearly panicked trying to figure out what had happened to her, when the "bruise" washed off. She had dropped a blueberry inside her outfit and it left several "bruises" on her arm and tummy.

Anyway, Maddy loved the yogurt. It's the full fat plain Stonyfield. It makes me pucker a little, so I didn't have high hopes. Shockingly, she ate two servings today. Whoo-hoo ... I think it will be the new item on the menu.

2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

just be careful and not try to taste what you 'think' may be peanut butter in the girls' thighs one day...just sayin' :)

Heidi said...

OMG, Mrs. K!!! :>)

I buy Stoneyfield's YoBaby yogurt and my 12 mo. old LOVES it. I didn't even know about it until my pediatrician recommended it.

I've yet to add blueberries to his diet. I think we many try some!