Tuesday, March 24, 2009

No mo' drama

Tonight I had an appointment to get my hair cut at 6:30. I had envisioned a leisurely evening of getting my hair cut, visiting with my hairstylist who is also a good friend & former boss, maybe even having a glass of wine. After that, I was going grocery shopping so I could buy my lemon bar ingredients, plus all the other stuff that we're out of.

So, how in the hell did my evening turn to crap?

When I was leaving the salon, I was swilling down my last few drops of wine when I went to pull out my debit card and pay. But there was no debit card. I rummaged through my purse, pulled out my other cards to see if it was in the wrong place, but still no debit card. CRAP. Luckily, I did have a credit card, because I don't think the $7 in cash was going to get me anywhere.

I called Hubby who looked around the house, but didn't see it. I came home and got online to find that luckily no strange activity had taken place. I called my bank and ordered a new card. I really think that it may be wedged somewhere in my car and I hope that it isn't floating around.

Anyway, the girls were still up so I helped feed them and tuck them in. Then, I went to the grocery.

I was checking out and thought to bring my checkbook, because again, that $7 in cash wasn't buying me squat. Well, as the clerk was scanning my last few items I realized that I had bought the wrong kind of yogurt. Typically not that big of a deal, but somehow I think it's frowned upon to give 9-month olds fat free yogurt. I ran back to the dairy, exchanged out my yogurt, then ran back to the checkout.

Of course a line has now formed behind me and I had to pay with my antiquated check. I don't think I've written a check in a grocery store since I got a debit card. Well, of course they had to call the manager over to approve it and I could feel the stares. I felt just like those Visa commercials where the guy uses a check and the entire place comes to a screeching halt.

Geez Louise. Let's just say I am glad to be home and not out causing any more drama!

2 comments:

Jules said...

lol

amanda said...

that kind of stuff happens to me all of the time. I usually drop my card between the seat and the console, or I put it in a pocket instead of my wallet and then realize I don't have it the next day. So embarrassing!