Sunday, March 08, 2009

It's been a long time

I started running again this January ... I took part in a 5k class with a local group called Janes on the Run. It was a great way for me to get back into running, know that I wasn't going to die trying to get back into it again, and a fun way to meet some fellow runners. Well, we mostly ran at night in the cold so everyone was bundled up and just trying to get through their training plan for that evening. So, maybe I didn't meet that many people this time.

The class ended with our 5K Shamrock Run yesterday and the weather was perfect. I was even able to break out the shorts!
I had some great cheerleaders waiting for me at the end of the race. Don't you think it looks like Libby is giving me a little thumbs up?


Oh, and no, I did not push them in this race! I need to get used to pushing and running in my own neighborhood before I try to do that in front of hundreds of people!

8 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Good for you!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

yay! congrats! your little family looks precious!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Congratulations! I hope you're proud of your accomplishment!

Jules said...

woo woo! I knew you could get back into it easily!

I wish I had been able to go...fam was in town.

Jules said...

glad all went ok w/ the surgery!

mak'n Changes said...

I am late, but, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREAT RUNNER, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! AND MANY MORE!!

mak'n Changes said...

oh wait,I forgot to ask. When you run outside, how do you get use to the cold air burning your lungs? I have great ambitions of being a marathon runner, but am having the hardest time getting use to the winds burning my lungs. how do you handle it?

Runner Susan said...

your family is beautiful!