Sunday, March 15, 2009

is it too early?

Maddy and Libby will be 9 months old next week, but lately I've been thinking of birthday plans. I know, I know ... I said I wouldn't be "one of those" parents and make a huge deal out of it. But, then again ... how can you not at least make a little fuss? I think Hubby was the first one who came up with the idea of wanting to have cupcakes. Of course, now I'm thinking about a whole cupcake themed party and seem to keep seeing ideas everywhere.
I recently saw this cupcake stand at Target.



Williams-Sonoma has a pan to make giant cupcakes. Wouldn't you love to have one all to yourself?



We already have a 1st birthday onesie and bib with cupcakes. My Mom bought this ... I told her that I don't want to hear the arguments when they look at pictures and ask why one was wearing the shirt and one was wearing the bib. Hopefully I can find another one before June.

I've seen several cute invitation options, decorations, favors, etc. Hell, there's even a Cupcake website dedicated to all things cupcake? I can just go here and have this shindig planned today!

3 comments:

Buford Betty said...

Shoot... I have my kids' first birthdays planned and I haven't even conceived them yet. Never too early!

Elizabeth said...

I love the cupcake idea. There are so many resources for cupcake themed parties. I was going to do this for Ella's first party this year, but we decided to make it small with just us, and our parents. I didn't want to "waste" such a cute idea. lol I can't wait to see pics! Isn't is amazing how fast a year goes by?

mak'n Changes said...

What a great idea! I love cupcakes. They're so much more personal than cake. And you can do some cute stuff with it, not to mention it gives the eater more of an option of how big a piece will be served.