Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Easily distracted

Working from home has definitely been a new adventure for me. There are always plenty of distractions, but most don't seem to bother me.

Sure, I do try to tune in to Martha Stewart at 11AM, but I usually end up only halfway listening/watching. A new magazine may come in the mail that I really want to read, but I can usually get by with flipping through a few pages, and of course there is always something to clean. It is much harder to not straighten and clean all day when you are in your own home spotting dust bunnies or marveling at your clutter. Facebook is my big time killer ... I have use restraint not to log on while I'm working.

But my true distraction ... this great weather that we've been having. I'm not complaining. There is no need to stay holed up inside if you can be outdoors, especially since I'm sure this weather will turn cold again. On these days in the 70's (Hello, February!) I don't miss working in an office one bit. No free candy from the office candy jar beats taking a walk at 3PM to enjoy the sunshine.

2 comments:

Jules said...

HOLLA!! I agree...ain't it grand!!??

Jessi said...

I am so with you!! Just got back from meeting a friend for lunch and its beautiful here in atlanta!