Friday, February 13, 2009

Comin' to you from the geriatric ward

I am *thrilled* to have a great new accessory to wear at night. I think it will complement by retainer very nicely.

Meet the carpal tunnel syndrome hand/wrist brace. Isn't she lovely?

For the past few weeks, I've been experiencing pain in my right wrist and hand. It's gone from mild to making me shout "ouch" out loud when I grab something. I've noticed it when washing bottles, driving, picking up the girls, even adjusting my pillow before I go to sleep. I called my Dr., and he suggested trying this brace out for 2 weeks at night to see if it helps.

$20 and no office visit? Sure, I'll try it. I just hope it works and I don't have to go to 24/7 with this thing.

2 comments:

Jules said...

ooh, that sux!!
Hope it works.
Do they have it in PINK just in case?? :)

BTW, you looked GREAT on the track last night...you were BOOKIN it girlfriend! Nice form! ;)

Kristi said...

Ouch! I had a bad case of tendonitis in my wrist during the end of my pregnancy that they originally thought was carpal tunnel. I remember the pain well! And since I refused to take anything since I was nursing my baby they made me a half cast that looks much like your brace. After about 2 months it was gone! I hope you fare as well!