Wednesday, December 03, 2008

To Do list

I typically feel better when I write down my to-do list. Otherwise, I just feel like all of these things are swimming around in my brain and that begins to make me feel like I'm a bit off my rocker. So here goes ...

1. Do some work. I started my new job on Monday and while it's part-time, I'm still getting the hang of truly working during the day. Things are still kind of "loose", so I've been able to just dig around on my own and look for events, see what's been done before,etc. I pulled out my old business contacts, started making a few calls, and it feels pretty good to be back in the saddle.

2. Have some fun with Monkey! He arrived yesterday afternoon, so I'm hoping to get him out and about while he's here.

3. Get some things done around the house since my parents are here - - hang a mirror, couple of pictures, put up wall monograms for Maddy and Libby, paint our cell phone cubby, etc.

4. Bring in the Christmas tree off our patio, trim it, decorate the house, hang the wreaths, etc.

5. Get ready for M&L's christenings on the 14th and also the luncheon that follows for about 30 people! Ack ... we are crazy for planning it right now, but the date worked at church so we went for it. Oh, and that also means making sure the house is clean including all of our catch all rooms that are typically ignored. Ugh.

6. Shop for Christmas ... Hubby and I are done with our gift for each other, but hardly anyone else on our list is done.

7. Get a mani/pedi. My nails look awful and are driving me crazy. I was a horrible nail "picker" when I was younger and I finally kicked that habit several years ago. Having my nails look like this makes me want to start all over again.

Now that I'm rereading that list, it doesn't seem so bad. But for some reason, it's never as easy as it looks.

4 comments:

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

wall monograms? Talk to me. details please.

amanda said...

ooooh! Monkey's there? That means I am next! I wonder if he'll arrive in time to go to the JL transfer tea at the O'Henry, maybe he'll help us pick out our Christmas tree, or help me clean my house? I hope you all have fun. Did you plan on mailing him? I'd be glad to pick him up or meet you in gso if it's easier (of course, if that's sketchy, I understand :)...)

Northern Girl Southern Living said...

To Do lists run my life as well! and mani/pedis always make life better :)

Vikki said...

I think a mani/pedi is a must on everyone's list!!