Monday, December 15, 2008

Still here

It's just been a blur the past couple of weeks and I don't even know what I've done that worth mentioning! I started back to work two weeks ago and I'm loving it. There have been days that I literally worked in my pajamas. I probably shouldn't admit that, but it's wonderful! I'm still learning the ropes, but so far, so good.

We also had Maddy and Libby's christenings yesterday ... they were perfect during the service. We had no idea what they would think about the new sounds and experiences, but they were great. We had to sit up front, so they were entralled with the children's choir and the row of 8 -10 year old girls who sat in front of us. We are Methodist, but our Ministers believe in using a lot of water on the head for the christening, so they were both dripping a little, but it didn't seem to phase them. I was lucky to have 5 family dresses to choose from for the big day, so they were both in dresses that are at least 100 years old. We wish we knew the stories behind the gowns, but they have been lost over the years. They fit them well and they looked so sweet. They also loved to grab handfuls of the dresses and chew on them. Hey, a toy and dress in one!



After the church service, we hosted about 30 people for lunch. Mom and I had been busy this week ... we made 4 pans of lasagna, 2 pans of brownies, a red velvet birthday cake ... all made with love. My Mom doesn't claim to be a cook, so we had our share of mishaps along the way, but everything turned out great. We won't talk about the cheesecake that had to be thrown out ... that's another story! The day was a blur, but it was a great day of celebration ... we used my holiday china for the first time, along with my Grandmother's china, so that was special. A lot of dishes to hand wash, but nice that they were used.

Hubby also turned the big 38 yesterday, so it was fun to have family and friends around to help him celebrate.

So now it really feels like Christmas is right around the corner ... the stockings are hung, cards are mailed, some presents are purchased, wrapped, and under the tree. 10 days to go ... where did the time go??


3 comments:

Well I Do Declare said...

You look Fabulous!!! What a great family photo... Merry Christmas to yall :)

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

What a lovely family photo! Merry Christmas!

Mags said...

Beautiful!!!