Friday, December 19, 2008

gowns

My parents are here visiting, and Mom and I decided to take a few more photos of Maddy and Libby in their christening gowns ... since they won't likely be putting them on again anytime soon. They have teeny tiny little buttons that are nearly impossible to button, so the entire act of getting them dressed is quite a production in itself. These dresses were from my Great Aunt Lucy's family (who Libby is named after), so it was really special that they are still in good enough condition to wear. I really hope that we can continue to use them for years to come.

We set up shop on top of our duvet cover and took almost 200 shots. I think we were all exhausted when it was over! Here are a few of my favorites for your viewing pleasure.

7 comments:

Kim said...

so precious... and how special to be able to use those gowns.

Goddess in Progress said...

Gorgeous! I think the 2nd picture is definitely my favorite. Frame-worthy, for sure.

NatalieDeltaGam said...

you better frame #2. precious!!!

Northern Girl Southern Living said...

I love that second picture, so adorable! Those gowns are so pretty!

lisagh said...

Melting...

A. Rose said...

They are so cute! Happy Holidays.

Jill said...

These photos are so adorable!!!