Friday, November 14, 2008

In amazement

Last night, I attended a Celebration of Life service for my good friend's mom whose battle with cancer ended earlier this week. While I didn't have the chance to know this woman, her daughter showed such amazing strength, dignity, and grace. It was such a sweet service, full of laughter and joy, and far few less tears. This woman fought cancer for 8-9 years and did an amazing job. From what her family shared, she never got angry, mad, or sad ... she just accepted it and knew that God was in charge.

Usually events like these always make me sad, but I left last night feeling inspired. From listening to my friend and from hearing about her mom's positive outlook on life. So, I think I will try to laugh a little louder, be more kind and giving, and take time to enjoy the little things.

This may not be 100% appropriate, but it reminds me a little of the quote from Ferris Bueller. "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

No comments: