Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gainfully employed (almost)

I had my interview yesterday. It went well and really didn't feel like an interview at all. First, we talked about my children and oohed and aahed over pictures. They came bearing gifts from the company, which was a very thoughtful and appreciated gesture. We met at a restaurant and enjoyed a nice meal and dessert, while they described more of what the job entails and more about the company.

So, they never asked for a resume and basically left it with "We'd love for you to join our team." Really, that's it? It's that easy? What's the catch? I heard about this job from a friend who has partnered with them in the past, so I'm assuming her recommendation may have sealed the deal. So, I asked a few questions via email last night, but I'm ready to say yes. The job will be part-time and I can work from home. It will involve a little travel, but all in North Carolina, and no more than what I had done before. So, after it's all official, we need to figure out some sort of childcare. I may try to do some work while the girls are napping, but I'd like to find someone who can come in and help with them for a few hours each week, so I can knock out uninterrupted work.

I'm excited to have found something that is so flexible and that I can do from home and still get to spend the majority of my time with M&L. So, cross your fingers and let's hope that it all works out ... the pessimist in me is still waiting for them to say, "oh, yeah we forgot to mention that this job entails you weaving tiny baskets in our damp warehouse and selling them on the corner." Let's hope not.

10 comments:

J said...

Congratulations Susan!

When I was in college I babysat for two little girls while their mom worked from home. I went over three mornings a week, we all would eat lunch together, and then I'd put the girls down for their naps while she continued working. It always seemed like the perfect arrangement to me so I hope you can work out something similar!

Kara said...

Congratulations! It sounds like an ideal situation. Fingers crossed for you!

Silvia said...

Congrats!! That is great news :)

Lauren said...

AuPairCare www.aupaircare.com is a fantastic au pair agency that many families in my area have been very happy with. AuPairCare's online au pair matching system make it really easy to view lots of au pair profiles and find the best one to meet your childcare needs. Plus I have only heard raves about AuPaircare's local service/support.

SCG said...

sounds like the perfect job. any in mobile??? :)

Jessi said...

awesome! so happy you have found something that works for you!

Kim said...

congrats! sounds like you get the best of both worlds! yea!

Jules said...

woo hoo! Sounds like a good deal. i MUST know who you are talking to about this faboo job!

julie.newcomb@capital.org

More, More, More said...

I can't wait to hear more!

Well I Do Declare said...

Congrats! That sounds like a dream way to land a job!!!