Tuesday, October 14, 2008

money, money, money

I bet the anticipation is killing you ... I wish I could tell everyone that there were bigger bills hiding under the ones ... when I first opened the drawer, I really thought that Hubby was gearing up for a bachelor party. So I had to ask him what was up with the cash stuffed in the drawer.

Apparently, it's one of his new savings plans - every night he takes all of the ones out of his money clip and saves them. I have been shocked how quickly it has added up. For me, this trick wouldn't work because I'm addicted to my debit card and rarely carry cash.

So no worries - he's staying away from dances that require tips and saving for the holidays. I've told you we buy for 25+ family members on his side, but that's a post for another day!

I'll leave you with a picture from a few days ago. The girls have recently discovered the Baby Einstein star from their floor mat. Baby Einstein star = coos, smiles, and wide eyed stares from m & l.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

They are too precious!!!

Ecupirate04 said...

Such cute little ones and what a responsible husband you have. Mine thinks bc he has cash that he should share with anyone who will take it :)

Heidi said...

Your girls are precious! Enjoy every moment.
That money thing sounds like my husband!!

Barefoot in the Park said...

what a great idea! i might have to borrow!

ashlie said...

careful... Your house guests might start rummaging through Charlie's drawers.

Monogram Momma said...

I do something similar at the end of the week with my left over cash. I move it from my main cash compartment in my wallett to another hidden area. Doesn't matter if it's $1 or $40 it all goes to that extra compartment on Friday afternoon and goes toward my Christmas spending.

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

They are getting bigger and bigger and harder to tell apart! I love their outfits, too, of course! :)

Sodexo Careers said...

We don't spend $5 bills - it's something we started about 2 months ago.

those babies are adorable!!!

MissyMac said...

I don't know you, but I found your blog through Ashlie G. We also had the baby einstein play mat and my little boy loved the star. We called it the "magic star" b/c he was so mesmerized by it and it would always calm him down if he was fussy. Your twins are precious :)