Saturday, October 25, 2008

Gifts!

I took a chance and entered a contest over at the Gifting Gumshoe and I won! Whoo-hoo! The Gifting Gumshoe always posts about great gift ideas, so if you need a little inspiration for upcoming birthdays, baby showers, or the holidays, be sure to check her out.

My great gift is a monogrammed chair cover from Sewgirlie. It will really dress up my outdoor chair for the next time we go to a Sunday Music in the Park. This might also be good for those parties where your chair always seems to be taken by someone else. Hmmmm ... there won't be any denying whose chair this is! Sewgirlie was so prompt with the order and they have tons of personalized products on their site. Lots of great gift ideas.
I was also nominated by the Gifting Gumshoe for the Kreativ Blogger award, so as part of that I should list 6 things that make me happy. I am also supposed to tag six others, but I am always horrible at that, so please consider yourself tagged and if you were having trouble finding blog fodder today, here you go.


6 things that make me happy are ...
1. Crisp fall days where the sun is shining, but it's cool enough for a long sleeved shirt or jeans. It's the perfect day to be in the yard or take a walk and it feels great to feel the sun on your face.

2. My family - Hubby, the babies, the dogs. They all do their part to make me smile and laugh every day and it really doesn't get much better than that. It doesn't matter if it's seeing smiles from the girls, or watching Hubby read to the girls, or the way that the pups wag their big ol tails so excitedly.

3. Good music. This has always done it for me. It doesn't really matter on the genre, but a good song always seems to lighten my mood and make me sing out loud. Yeah, you probably don't want to be in the car with me when this happens, but it still makes me happy.

4. Bringing in the Christmas tree. I love the smell of it and the excitement and anticipation of the season.

5. The feeling after a good long run. I love the way you feel when you're running and you just feel really strong and light in your steps. You're tired and sweaty when you're done and maybe that's the part that feels so good. You are finally finished and just feel so accomplished. Oh, and that long drink of cold water has never tasted so good when you are done!

6. House parties. I love sitting down with good friends and catching up in the warmth of someone's home. This is of course made better with good food and wine, but I love it when the conversation just flows. It's just fun and easy.

1 comment:

Gifting Gumshoe said...

I'm so glad that you got your chair cover-it is beautiful! Sew Girlie is the best!