Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mom of the year award

That is exactly what I won't be winning.

I had an appointment to have Maddy & Libby's photos taken today. I knew that it would coincide with one of their feedings, so I packed bottles so I could feed them while we were at the studio. When we arrived Maddy was pretty fussy, so I decided to feed her while our favorite photog was getting set up.

I pulled out the little cooler bag and noticed it was upside down. No big deal, I thought until I unzipped it and noticed that the bottles were both less than half full. The milk had spilt all in the bag and leaked onto their extra change of clothes, blanket, etc. Such a bummer, because I knew they would be hungry, plus the milk is like liquid gold.

Of course, neither one was very happy with the less than stellar lunch, so I tried to breastfeed as well. In a very gorgeous studio with high ceilings, exposed brick walls, oh and with large windows everywhere and construction workers walking by, who are working on other studio spaces down the hall. Yeah, that didn't go over too well.

Luckily they were troopers and both did fine even though they had just had a little appetizer instead of a 3-course lunch . I would post photos, but of course the Mom of the year left my camera at home, so hopefully I'll have some great shots to show you in a couple of weeks.

Going to mark all of those damn bags with an UP arrow for our next outing!

4 comments:

amanda said...

she did one of my husband's cousins weddings. She does beautiful work.

tulipmom said...

I checked out her website ..... wow, she does gorgeous work!!! I really need to get cracking on the whole professional photos thing.

Molly's Mom said...

Oh, I know what you mean. I had the bottle spill on me several times. Not fun!
Love your blog!

Ladybug's Picnic said...

A sippy cup full of apple juice spills in my bag probably once a week AT LEAST! Welcome to the mommy club :)