Saturday, August 30, 2008

smile report

I have been patiently, um make that anxiously waiting to get a real smile from the girls. We've seen plenty of the sweet smiles that they make when they are fast asleep, but I wanted one of those real, melt-your-heart smiles when they are wide awake.

I'm happy to report that Maddy gave me THREE big smiles this morning after her breakfast. She was wide awake after her feeding, so we were talking about life and when I saw these smiles , they just about melted my heart. So sweet.

Then, Libby offered me several toots and a big explosion of poop. So much for all smiles this morning, but I guess those are just the joys of motherhood!

2 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Nothing says "I Love You Mom!" like a nice messy diaper! But those gooey smiles make it all better!

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

Those are the only little presents babies can give--poops and grins. May you get many of both! :)