Saturday, August 02, 2008

3 days of gifts

Our wonderful friends have been keeping our postal carrier quite busy over the past few days. So much mail has been addressed to the girls, and luckily it's not from the hospital or insurance company! I wanted to share a few of the items that we've received over the past few days ...

From a good friend of mine that I have known since the 2nd grade, some adorable personalized note cards. These will be perfect for thank you notes or writing letters to their Grandparents.

Not one, but two books from Mad About Plaid, who I have also known since the 2nd grade. These books are so cute and I know the girls will cherish them. The illustrations are great and it's so nice to have a book about twins, for twins.
One package from our favorite Canadian friend Lisagh proved to be preppy and pink - what more could two girls want? Two beautiful wall-hangings, made by Lisagh. Check out her Preppy Petunia etsy site for more of her lovely creations. Now just to find the perfect spot to hang these in their nursery.

Yesterday, we received two boxes marked "open immediately." Since I'm typically a big rule-abider, we did. From one of Hubby's managers, we received two gorgeous red Japanese maple saplings to plant in honor of the girls. What a lovely gift. These came from Eternitree, and I noticed from the website, that Oprah is also a fan.

Later on, we were paid a visit from A and E, two of our good friends. They came bearing the cutest monogrammed bloomers for the girls. Who could get a spanking in these? The girls also received "lovies", these adorable and super-soft bunny and lamb blankies. Now, if I can just find one of these in adult size, I'll be all set.

What wonderful friends - our girls couldn't be any luckier, as are we.




4 comments:

NatalieDeltaGam said...

what wonderful friends you have. i love the bloomers! :-)

Well I Do Declare said...

What great gifts! Looks like your girls are going to be the Preppiest Twins on the block! Can't wait to see pics in those bloomers :)

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

And I meant to tell you that I did that because I'm trying not to buy clothes yet. It is killing me. Of course this teacher had to send books. Love you!

KSK said...

Beautiful things, all!