Friday, July 18, 2008

We survived ...


The first day and night with both twins home. I was actually a little bit, urhm a lot nervous at how it would all play out, especially the nighttime part. During the day, both girls' schedules were about 30-45 minutes a part, which stayed consistent pretty much through the night. Somehow, I was able to handle the midnight feeding solo and Hubby took the 3 AM by himself. The 6 AM ended up being all hands on deck, including my mom.


But, the good news is the girls survived, as did we. Now, next on the radar is a Doctor's appointment later today for one of the girls, then next week, we have 3 appointments scheduled for both. That does scare me, because it's going to require getting both in the car seats and actually using the double stroller and navigating in buildings.

Our first afternoon nap together.

8 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

Congrats on having them both home! And don't worry about going out so much. Just think ahead about what you'll need to have with you, and give yourself tons of time. Once you do it a couple of times, it'll be no big deal! I promise! Practice makes perfect. I was on my own with my twins from the time that they were about 3 weeks old, and took them places by myself a lot. You can do it!

maggi said...

The are beautiful!

Monogram Momma said...

so sweet! I still can't believe they are identical! Yikes! how are you teeling them apart?

lisagh said...

*heart melting*

Awwwww.

Jules said...

OMG, that is the sweetest thing ever! LOVE them. :) Welcome home girls!!

MMM said...

Congrats! They are precious! So glad you finally have them home together. Good job on night number one!

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

How precious that picture is. Thanks so much for sharing! They are adorable and Aunt Karen can't wait to get her hands on them sometime in the future! So happy for you guys! They look great!

Ladybug's Picnic said...

You can do it! You ARE doing it, mama - I totally agree with goddess in progress. Think ahead, plan ahead, pack ahead and it becomes like second nature to you. I never thought I'd be comfortable taking my 2 girls out to run errands but now I don't even think about it.