Friday, July 25, 2008

Con artists

We may really be in trouble once the girls reach their teenage years, as they have already started to con their grandmother at 1 month of age.

This morning, I fed both girls around 7 - 7:30 am, then my mom helped me bring them downstairs around 8:00 am. I had been in the office drinking coffee and probably checking blogs, when I walked back in the kitchen when my mom asked me something about Libby's last feeding.

I looked over and Libby was over halfway through a bottle, her second one in the past hour! Apparently, Mom didn't think they had eaten yet, so she went ahead and warmed up some milk and Libby had no complaints - just a full little belly. Maddy wasn't quite fast enough, so she had to survive on just the one bottle for the hour.

It's been wonderful having both of them home, and I will admit it's been a bit of a blur and hard at times, but also amazing. We're surviving and are having fun getting to know the girls and their personalities. I am also happy to report that we survived two Doctor's appointments and our first stroll around the neighborhood this week. They are gaining weight well, and to us look huge, while to everyone else, they are still tiny. Libby weighed in yesterday at 5 lbs., 15 oz. and Maddy is up to 4 lbs., 9 oz. It is hard to believe that tomorrow will mark 5 weeks since they arrived.

2 comments:

lisagh said...

Wow! Time flies... 5 weeks already! I love hearing the updates.

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

Just wait until they are about 6 months and grinning at you from ear to ear. Will make your heart m-e-l-t. BTW, I think you should burn the cool lullaby CD for me, in all your freetime, right? :)